Terra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Somali Caliphate of Al-Sahar Ministry of Foreign Relations and Border Management.

2 posters

Go down

Somali Caliphate of Al-Sahar Ministry of Foreign Relations and Border Management.  Empty Somali Caliphate of Al-Sahar Ministry of Foreign Relations and Border Management.

Post by The Somali Caliphate Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:29 pm

If you wish to discuss the borders or external operations of the Caliphate, this is where you may have the Caliph's Minister on Foreign Affairs and Border Management's ear. All are welcome to voice their disputes and concerns and I promise to relay them to the Caliph should that be necessary.
The Somali Caliphate
The Somali Caliphate

Back to top Go down

Somali Caliphate of Al-Sahar Ministry of Foreign Relations and Border Management.  Empty Re: Somali Caliphate of Al-Sahar Ministry of Foreign Relations and Border Management.

Post by Nortlendiga Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:31 pm

Illustrious Caliph, fair winds and constant stars to you. I, Emperor Hjaltur of Nortlendiga, smile at our crossing. As a first order of business, I bring a gift of four new masterpiece songs, written by the noble bards from the Beowulf College of Bards in the kingdom of Beow's Stone.
But onto more important matters. My people are worried by the warring barbarians of the uncivilized lands to the north of your Caliphate, and wish to see the lands pacified. I will serve my people, and hope to remain in good faith with the Somali people, and I do not wish to worry them as our borders become closer. It is my hope that the fate of these lands may be settled peacefully, and that the honorable Caliph may be my partner in the pacification of the barbarians. Here is my proposition:

1. Europe, the island of Corsica, and the western Rus lands will remain open for Nortlendic expansion. In turn, the Empire promises to expand no farther than the Ural Mountains, and to leave the rich oil fields beyond this point untouched, and to refrain from annexing the unsettled territory of Sicily, acknowledging Somali rule over the whole island.
2. Since the lands west of the Hellespont and Bosporus strait will be Nortlendic, and the lands east of them will be Somali, and ships bearing flags of either country may pass freely through these strategic straits so that trade between the Mediterranean and Black Sea regions remains strong and prosperous. Our countries will evenly split revenues from tolling foreign ships from passing these points.
3. The Nortlendic Legion will peacefully annex the barbarian lands in question by offering the natives equal citizenship and benefits of the empire, fair trade, and the full protection of our rule. I will promise to appoint natives to local executive positions and respect their local rule, as long as they swear fealty to the Empire. The Legion will enlist native volunteers who will aid the Legion in combating factions that rebel against Nortlendic rule, as well as in peacefully settling the nomadic tribes so that they do not venture into Somali lands.
4. The waters of the Mediterranean and Black Sea will remain free and uncontested for military and commercial ships of both our nations.
Nortlendiga
Nortlendiga

Back to top Go down

Somali Caliphate of Al-Sahar Ministry of Foreign Relations and Border Management.  Empty Re: Somali Caliphate of Al-Sahar Ministry of Foreign Relations and Border Management.

Post by The Somali Caliphate Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:26 pm

The Caliph, wishes to bestow upon you his thanks for the gifts and kindness you have expressed, and in kind wished me to present to you a collection of the finest rugs, tapestries and cloths of Persia, the Bedou, and Somali as well as an exquisite Koran with hand written by the Caliph's own personal Imam.

As for the unsettled lands, We find all of your proposals agreeable and and must express your unbridled joy that you wish to allow use control of the Steppe east of the Ural mountains. We will honor you passage of shipping though the Bosporus and will not levy taxes against them nor stop them for any unnatural reason.

The caliph, too has a request of his own. He wishes to to know whether or not your magnificent empire would be willing to engage in normalized trade relations across the Jabal Al-Tariq, or as you may call it Gibraltar, strait by way of a normal ferry or perhaps even a bridge. We understand that this would be a massive undertaking as the expanse is great, but in return for your assistance we would also like to extend to you the use of our canal at Suez, tax free. Hopefully this is agreeable to yourself and your Impirator.
The Somali Caliphate
The Somali Caliphate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nortlendiga Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:46 pm

I am pleased by these terms and accept. The Throne of Nortlendiga will match investments in opening trade operations across Gibraltar; I will commission the Shipbuilders' Guild of Auroch House in the local kingdom of Vandal to construct cargo ships and a port at the site. Seers from the Auroch monastery will be present to bless the construction.
It is a pleasure doing business. May this arrangement better the fates of Men.
Nortlendiga
Nortlendiga

Back to top Go down

Post by The Somali Caliphate Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:58 pm

From our people to yours, we wish you the very best in all you do and that the rains will fall where they are needed. You ships are free to enter the canal at any point unmolested so long as they fly your flag. May peace and prosperity continue among our people.
The Somali Caliphate
The Somali Caliphate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down